Black history month is a month we remember and acknowledge the important events and rich history of Africa. In black history month we acknowledge Blacks who have gone ahead to cause change and pave way for Africans. For Americans and Canadians, Black history month is February every year while in the United Kingdom, it’s October. This month being February, we would be acknowledging 10 Black women who are leaving their mark in history, their fashion, accomplishments, and their businesses.
1. Taraji P. Henson: She is an entrepreneur, author and actress, best known for movies like Baby Boy, Empire, Hustle & Flow, and Hidden Figures. She is the first Black woman to win a Critics’ Choice TV Award (now known as The Critics Choice Awards) for “Best Actress in a Drama Series.” Her role in Empire endeared her to many and her fashion is one to get inspired from. She took to her Instagram to uplift Madam C.J walker and Octavia Spencer during this years Black history month. Oh how sweet of her!
She has a hair care collection that resonates with Africans. For most females, their hair is their pride and Black women being blessed with the best hair texture that requires total love and care, you bet, not all hair care products will work the Black girls magic. Taraji’s hair care collection can be found in Asos, target and even amazon.
Click to shop away on amazon.
2. Robyn Rihanna Fenty: An actress, singer, fashion designer and business mogul. She is a black Woman to Head a Luxury Fashion House under LVMH. She’s has won 9 Grammy awards amongst other awards. She is known globally as the Queen of fashion for she can pull off any attire effortlessly. Infact, it’s said, an outfit is “ugly” or not fashionable until badgirlriri wears it.
Side note: she’s very popular amongst Nigerians for reasons like “Rihanna hairstyle for the females which is a short pixie hairstyle, she has unknowingly served some eligible bachelors”breakfast” with her pregnancy and empowered some feminists with her alpha-female boss girl moves.
She is constantly setting the pace with her fashion statement.
Her Fenty line is the rave of the moment and is one cosmetic company every black and non black woman can find her shade in. Her products are available in every country and most cosmetic store. With all her big girl moves, years to come, she will always be acknowledged as one of those who contributed to history and be celebrated during black history month.
3. Michelle Obama: If you are an ardent follower of this site, you would know this gorgeous woman would be mentioned. She is an American attorney and the first African-American woman to serve as the first lady of the United States of America. She served so well that there was never a scandal associated with her or her husband’s name. Many young ladies look up to her and her book becoming is a must have for all. With her accomplishments, she paved the way for black women, dream big and you can become even the president. She has definitely contributed to history and will always be remembered especially during black history month.
4. Beyoncé Knowles-Carter: An American singer, songwriter and actress. As a singer she let us all know who runs the world with her most streamed “run the world (girls)” song. My all time favourite movie of her is obsession especially the fight scene with that home wrecker. She’s gone on to add entrepreneur to her accolades with her ivypark collection. She is definitely letting all know that black women can achieve alot even with being mothers.
5. Kamala Devi Harris: She is the current vice president of the United States of America. The first African-American woman to hold that position. She has served in Public offices as attorney and with current position, created a mark in history. She is one of the beautiful women to be celebrated during black history month.
Till next post Happy Black History Month to everyone out there.
Stay safe and know your history.