Every year Met Gala is held 1st Monday in may. However this year 2021, the pandemic caused a couple of changes and it was held in the middle of fashion month; September 13th 2021.
This event was held in its usual location; the metropolitan museum of art in New York, which had lots of celebrities in attendance including Naomi Osaka, Rihanna amongst others. The theme for this year’s Met Gala was “American independence ” and was co-chaired by Naomi Osaka, Billie Eilish, Timothee Chalamet and Amanda Gorman. Lookjng at the theme while modelling modesty, these are the best dressed in no particular order.
- Paloma Elsesser who wore Zac Posen
- LaQuan Smith in Tom Ford
- Yara Shahidi in Christian Dior and cartier jewellery
- Adrien Brody in Dior men
- Rachel Zegler in Christian Dior
- JR in Gucci
- Tory Burch
- Juan David Borrero and Jasmine Tookes
- Audra Mcdonald in Sergio Hudson
- Rihanna in Balenciaga couture, Maria Tashkent, Thelma West and Bvlgari jewellery and A$AP Rocky in ERL.
- Billie Eilish in Oscar de la Renta and Cartier jewellery
- Kaia Gerber in Oscar de la Renta
- Georgina Chapman in Marchesa
- Anok Yai in Oscar de la Renta
- Carolyn B. Maloney
- Naomi Osaka
- Miles Chamley-Watson in David Yurman jewellery
- Chance the rapper and Kristen Corley in Ralph lauren
- Julia Carey and James Corden in Gucci
Till next met gala stay fashionable.